Join the Spark Sleep Solutions Newsletter
Meet the Doctors
Dr. Srujal H Shah, DDS, DABDSM
Dr. Srujal Shah has received the highest achievement as a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine (ABDSM). He has also completed a mini-Residency in Orofacial Pain and TMJ Disorders at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). He is a San Jose native and earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the prestigious University of Southern California School of Dentistry. He also carries a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from UC San Diego with an emphasis in Signal Processing. Dr. Shah has worked on numerous research projects integrating medicine with engineering.
Dr. Shah is one of the few sleep apnea dentists that limits his practice exclusively to the treatment of sleep apnea and snoring. As a successful cosmetic and dental surgeon, Dr. Shah realized the importance of this life-saving treatment when he first treated his own family members, and himself, with oral appliance therapy. His interest was further spurred by his on-going work with neurologists from the Stanford University School of Medicine Sleep Disorders Clinic. With a strong belief that proper care could only be given with absolute dedication to this specialty, Dr. Shah opened Spark Sleep Solutions. He prides himself in the expertise Spark Sleep has been able to provide, specifically in CPAP alternatives and snoring treatments, and their insurance coverage for our patients.
Dr. Shah ensures he is at the forefront of research and advancements in the field through Continuing Education training, membership with the AADSM, on-going research, and seminars with medical experts throughout the country. He has been hand selected by Kaiser Permanente and other medical insurances to provide this life-saving treatment to their patients utilizing the MATRx by Zephyr Sleep Technologies.
- American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- California Sleep Society
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Santa Clara County Dental Society
- Delta Sigma Delta, Chi Chapter
Sleep Medicine Certifications:
- Diplomate, American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- UCLA, Orofacial Pain and TMJ Disorders Mini Residency
- University of Southern California, School of Dentistry
- MATRx Certified, Zephyr Sleep Technologies
- Somnomed Sleep Academy
- Rondeau Seminars
- Sleep Group Solutions
- Full Breath Solution
- El Camino Hospital Dental Sleep Device Provider
- Bay Area Surgery Center
- Salida Surgery Center
Teaching & Lecture Engagements
- Advanced Dental Sleep Medicine for Doctors, Level II Course, Somnomed Academy, Las Vegas, NV.
- New Trends in Treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA
- OSA Treatment Options- Thinking Outside the CPAP Box, San Jose, CA.
- Somnomed Foundation Training Program, Frisco, TX
- Santa Clara County Dental Society- Community Service Committee
- DAY Organization- community service, character development, mentor for youth activities
- University of Southern California- Queenscare Mobile Dental Clinics, Union Rescue Mission
- Stanislaus County Public Schools- Free dental screenings for elementary school children with Salida Surgery Center.
Dr. Martin Goldman, DDS
One of Dr. Goldman’s greatest prides is how many people he has been able to help throughout his career. Following his graduation from Baylor University College of Dentistry, Dr. Goldman completed a one-year General Practice Residency, an eighteen month Fixed Prosthodontic Residency, and then two years residency obtaining ADA certification as an Endodontic Specialist.
All of this plus thirty years of practice has given Dr. Goldman a unique perspective in helping those having issues involving the mouth, tongue, palate and airway.
Beyond the impressive qualifications listed above, Dr. Goldman does not stop there. He continues his education with extensive training to become expert in diagnosing and treating Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea using the latest computer equipment, materials and methods. The focus of his practice is now exclusively on the treatment of sleep disorders.
Dr. John Kim, DDS, DABOP
Dr. John Kim graduated from the University of Michigan with a degree in civil engineering in 1996. Later, he pursued his interests in engineering smiles by graduating from University of Maryland School of Dentistry in 2002. His dental education continued with postgraduate residency training at the University of California, Los Angeles. In this position, he treated a wide range of medically compromised and dental phobic patients. Dr. Kim also completed an oral surgery internship at the West Los Angeles Veterans Medical Center where he served as chief resident in 2005.
Dr. Kim found his true interest in treating patients with jaw pain, facial pain and obstructive sleep apnea. A two-year full-time fellowship in Orofacial Pain and Dental Sleep Medicine was completed at UCLA in 2009, where he was again elected as chief resident. There are only six such programs in the US with less than two-dozen graduates per year.
Dr. Kim is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orofacial Pain and a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
Originally from Washington D.C., Dr. Kim has found his home in California where he met his wife. In his spare time, Dr. Kim enjoys spending time with his wife and 2 kids, playing and watching sports, and finding good cheap eats.
At Spark Sleep Solutions, Dr. Kim will be seeing patients for TMJ dysfunction, orofacial pain, and sleep medicine.